By M. Brouwer, W.E.S. Carr, W. Ross Ellington, D.W. Engel, R.A. Gleeson, B. Korsgaard, T.S. Moerland, T. Mustafa, D.J. Prior, B.D. Sidell, K.C. Srivastava, H.G. Trapido-Rosenthal, R.E. Weber, R.W. Wiseman
Advances in Comparative and Environmental Physiology is helping biologists, physiologists, and biochemists hold tune of the huge literature within the box. supplying accomplished, built-in reports and sound, serious, and provocative summaries, this sequence is a must for all energetic researchers in environmental and comparative physiology.
Read Online or Download Advances in Comparative and Environmental Physiology PDF
Best comparative books
This ebook seeks to counterpoint and refine international administrative legislation and ecu administrative legislation analytical instruments by way of reading their manifold relatives. Its goal is to start to discover the advanced fact of the interactions among european administrative legislation and international administrative legislation, to supply a initial map of such criminal and institutional truth, and to study it.
All animals face the potential for nutrition predicament and eventually starvation-induced mortality. This e-book summarizes cutting-edge of hunger biology from the ecological factors of meals problem to the physiological and evolutionary results of lengthy fasting. it truly is written for an viewers with an figuring out of common ideas in animal body structure, but deals a degree of study and interpretation that might have interaction pro scientists.
The Comparative Roles of Suspension-Feeders in Ecosystems: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on The Comparative Roles of Suspension-Feeders in Ecosystems Nida, Lithuania 4–9 October 2003
Animals are an important hyperlink among the water column (pelagic) and the ground (benthic) habitats in so much shallow structures. This coupling is ruled by means of lively procedures similar to suspension-feeding during which the organism actively makes use of strength to pump water that's then filtered to take away suspended debris which are fed on whereas undigested continues to be are deposited at the backside.
- The Cultural Lives of Capital Punishment: Comparative Perspectives (The Cultural Lives of Law)
- Interpersonality in Legal Genres
- Poverty Targeting in Asia
- Comparative Workplace Employment Relations: An Analysis of Practice in Britain and France
- An Introduction to the Liquid State
- Evolutionary Computation Techniques: A Comparative Perspective
Additional info for Advances in Comparative and Environmental Physiology
1. The induction of activity by changing temperatures. J Exp Bioi 31:165-187 Dainton BH (1954b) The activity of slugs. II. The effect of light and air currents. J Exp Bioi 31:188-197 DeSousa RC, Grosso A (1982) Osmotic water flow across the abdominal skin of the toad Bufo marinus: effect of vasopressin and isoprenaline. J Physiol 329:281- 296 De With ND (1977) Evidence for the independent regulation of specific ions in the haemolymph of Lymnaea stagnalis (L). Proc Konigl Nederl Akad Wetensch Ser C80:144-157 De With ND (1978) The effects of starvation and feeding on the haemolymph in the freshwater snail Lymnaea stagnalis.
II. Control of gut motility. J Neurobiol (in press) Lloyd PE, Masinovsky BP, Willows AOD (1988) Multiple transmitter neurons in Tritonia: I. Biochemical studies. J Neurobiol (in press) Machin J (1964a) The evaporation of water from Helix aspersa I. The nature of the evaporating surface. J Exp BioI 41:759-769 Machin J (1964b) The evaporation of water from Helix aspersa. II. Measurement of air flow and the diffusion of water vapour. J Exp BioI 41:771-781 Machin J (1964c) The evaporation of water from Helix aspersa.
J Exp Zool 208: 169 - 175 Grimm-J0fgensen Y (1980) Effect of thyrotropin-releasing hormone and 22Na uptake by the pond snail, Helisoma carabaceum. J Exp Zool 212:471-473 Grimm-J0fgensen Y (1983) Possible Physiological Roles of Thyrotropin Releasing Hormone and a Seomatostatin-like Peptide in Gastropods. In: Lever J, Boer HH (eds) Molluscan Neuroendocrinology. Mon Royal Neth Acad Arts and Sci. North Holland Publishing Co. Amsterdam, Oxford, New York, pp 21-27 Grimm-J0fgensen Y, Connolly SM, Visser TJ (1984) Effect of thyrotropin-releasing hormone and its metabolites on the secretion of sulfated polysaccharides by foot integument of a pond snail.